Determining a Birth Injury LawsuitIt is important to keep in mind that not every child who is born with cerebral palsy is a victim of medical malpractice. In fact most hospitals, doctors, or other birthing professionals act responsibly during the delivery of a baby, but there are unfortunate cases where things can go wrong. There are some signs to link medical malpractice to a birth injury like cerebral palsy. It is important to know these causes before filing a lawsuit. Instances like the following will help parents determine whether medical malpractice was at play:
• Doctors failing to diagnose or treat infections during pregnancy.
• Seizures after delivery were not diagnosed or treated.
• The use of excessive force or improper rotational force during delivery.
• Failure to correctly monitor heart rates before and during labor and birth.
• Improper intubation of the newborn, resulting in oxygen deprivation